Thursday, December 17, 2009

6 Photographers DVD

During the dvd of the 6 photographers, some of them really spoke to me, as opposed to the others. The two that really stood out were Brigette Lacomb and Miru Kim, especially Miru Kim. Lacombs portrait style really helped me explore the possibilities with lighting models, and the way to work with models as well. It's all about making them feel comfortable. Miru Kim's quote "when photographing nude, it makes things less personal" really helped me accept my own work because even though I loved to photograph semi-nude models, a little part of me still felt it was "wrong" because I felt it wasn't accepted. But after hearing what she said, it made everything seem okay in my eyes. Now I take even bigger chances with my work and I don't worry what people think, because at the end of the day I only have myself, and what I can produce. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment